Saturday, July 16, 2011

Half Training and Crossfit

Soo, I started training for the route 66 half marathon officially on July 9.  Since then I've been on scheduled runs (and coaching).  Last week I ran 20 miles.  Most of these miles were done at 5:15 am since everyday this week its been over 103 degrees.  Its still very hot and often humid when I do these runs.  So they are fluff.  I've also been coaching a 6pm on Monday and Wednesday.  These runs are actually the hardest.  Imagine trying to encourage new runners when its super hot.  I feel like they do. HOT!  While doing this, I've also been going to crossfit Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Whoo! that is a great and addictive workout.  Its hard too.  I love it.  I don't love the soreness that comes with it.   I hope all of this brings me closer to my fitness goals.  I'm going to investigate the paleo diet today.  I think cleaner eating is in my future (if only I can get a certain great griller to grill for me).


I'm hoping to make it back here.  The finish line, but at the Route 66 race.  I believe I can make it.  

Night all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment