Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tattoos!

Really on one big one made of little tattoos.  Today was the day I put my stamp on lupus and running.  In folks that have lupus, the butterfly represents the common rash that most of us get.  I don't get it, but I understand it.  So all my butterflies represent that and the years I have and will have lupus.  There is no sure for this autoimmune disease.

Getting worked on. 
It hurt like nothing else, but I was a trooper. 


 The 13.1 represents the half marathon I'm preparing to run this year.  I started running about 5 years after I found out I had lupus.   I was very hard and still is some days.  Now, I coach other runners because I understand the struggle. Actually, some days I still struggle just to run a few miles.  But this year the plan is to run either the Route 66 half marathon or the Jenks half.  Either way, I've claimed it and I'm going to do it.


To others with lupus, you can do anything.  To those that don't understand why folks with lupus don't look sick, trust me we are.  Our bodies fight us daily.  We fight to stay alive because of it.  

Night all. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful tattoo. I am really in awe of it. It's a wonderful concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a tattoo person, but I really LOVE yours. I like the meaning behind it. God bless you and heal your body.
    Lockolatte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ashlan and Lockolatte. This piece really means it all to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasha, I LUV IT!!! I was diagnosed 7yrs ago, following hurricane Katrina. It's been a struggle, and I'm very active in the fight for a cure. I have 2 prior tats, but I want to incorporate one that represents my Lupus Warrior with in. Because of a 2yr battle with paniculitis I couldn't, but today I'm ready. I would like to be way more involved in the lfight for a cure, but there isn't a chapter here in New Orleans....very little involvement, but I'm trying! My email: kademie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete